Friday, December 9, 2011

ALMOST Enough To Give ME The Christmas Spirit




Thanks to Mercurius for keeping a lookout for gems like this. Alison Brie is da bomb. I am sad to see Community headed for cancellation. I have a soft spot for that program. It's been a weekly regular here at the 'Cave's of Cool' TV viewing list.

If you can take smarmy Joel McCale then you also like The Soup. He is one of those actors that you either love or hate. Seeing how he is the lead in Community you pretty much have to like him to even start getting emotionally involved in all the characters.

Each is so deliciously messed up and therefor are lovable. Certain episodes like the paint gun battle or the Halloween ones are classics which deserve a chance at syndication. I admit it's a weird little show but it's a smart weird little show with great set-ups and pay offs.

It's also the ONLY thing Chevy Chase ever did that didn't make me run for the remote or the puke bucket. I like how that show kicks around his character like I would like to kick around the real Chevy. It's very cathartic to watch.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, someone ELSE who despises Chevy Chase? Sweet! You're my kind of people!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Our connection is deep because you understand how painfully unfunny he is.

Wings1295 said...

We LOVE Community here and are bummed that things looks so bleak! Gah!

As for Chevy, he is hit or miss with me. I like him in Community, love him in Christmas Vacation, also like him in Seems Like Old Times and Modern Problems.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Chevy tries to hard for me. Sometimes it's painful to watch

The Flying Dachshund said...

I completely understand you and your dislike of Chevy Chase... Only thing I've ever been able to stand him in is Dirty Work, and I don't even really care for his character in that.....