Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cave of Cool Presents - My Favorite Photos Of The Year


Simply magnificent.


“Splashing”, Grand Prize Winner and winner of the Nature category. This photo was taken when I was taking photos of other insects, as I normally did during macro photo hunting. I wasn’t actually aware of this dragonfly since I was occupied with other objects. When I was about to take a picture of it, it suddenly rained, but the lighting was just superb. I decided to take the shot regardless of the rain. The result caused me to be overjoyed, and I hope it pleases viewers. Location: Batam, Riau Islands, Indonesia. (© Shikhei Goh)


The coffin of the late NDP Leader Jack Layton sits under a spotlight during his state funeral at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto in August 2011.

3 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

All nice. That dragonfly though, is SO cool!

Belle said...

The dragonfly looks like he is hanging on for dear life. These are great photos.

D.I. Felipe González said...

Nice pics.