Sunday, December 11, 2011

Classic Toy Ads - GI Joe And Mego




My dad would rip pages out of catalogues so he knew what action figures were available out there for him to buy for me. Mom got the practical gifts and Dad always search for the fun stuff. He took great satisfaction from our reactions to our presents like I suppose all parents do at this time of year. Kids really do make the holiday special. One hundred dollars and a time machine and I could get basically everything on these pages. Makes me crazy because there was a time in my life when I had many of these figures.





http://popculturesafari.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Belle said...

My sister Liz had GI Joe toys and so did my grandsons. Liz did become a Marine, and she was interested in the military even when as a child.

M. D. Jackson said...

Those pages bring back such memories for me. I had about half those toys. I'd have had 'em all if my parents hadn't had two other kids that they had to buy christmas presents for.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I had the all too...and more and I appreciated all I had and my Dad was proud of all the collection basically HE had accumulated. Then the EVENT and my stuff ends up on the bottom of the sea somewhere after the cargo plane that had ONLY MY ROOM'S BOXES ON IT went down. I keep thinking that maybe the crate is in a warehouse somewhere is rural Quebec and will find me one day.