Sunday, December 18, 2011

Damn You Spike TV


Your Star Wars Marathon once again served it's evil purpose and took too much of my attention today. I hadn't seen all of the movies together like that in a long time. With the exception of Christianson's acting (which drags down everything scene he is in) I find more to like about the post Jedi films. This one, however, is the best one. The perfect combination of thrilling adventure with hokey sentiment in just the right proportions.

Who did you want to be? Han? Lando? Leia? Chewbacca? Me, I had strongest connection to my boy, Luke and his journey to the truth.

9 comments:

csmith2884 said...

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day, it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."
―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Obi-Wan Kenobi

Guess I'm a Qui-Gon. I tend to do things my own way often too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

There are a lot of great set pieces and adventure in the entire series. SO much better to watch with me distrated from the more crinchworthy parts.

csmith2884 said...

It’s something to remind you how important words are. Ideas are important. Principles are important. Words are important. Your word is the most important of all. Your word is who you are.”
― Tom Clancy, Clear and Present Danger

Also a Jedi me thinks.

Sarah said...

I wanted to be Wicket as a kid. Still do.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Was he in the Ewoks cartoon? I thought he got shmushed by a big log.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I could always identify with C-3PO's anal retentiveness and R2's silly antics were an added bonus.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

HA HA..C3P0. I assume you were pretty full of yourself when the little teddy bears hoisted you one their shoulders.

M. D. Jackson said...

Well I sure as hell wouldn't want to be Luke Skywalker.

Think about it: You're competing with another guy for the only available girl in the galaxy and she turns out to be your sister.

Bummer, man.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

There are a lot of other scary women in those bars and gangster headquarters. You just have to put some effort in it Luke. Look at Lando. He was macking on Leia from the start.