Friday, December 23, 2011

I Had One Hell Of A Day

I hate going shopping this time of year. I am not one who enjoys crowds or stores where they only have one cashier working at the check-out.

Today both my Mother and I were up before Five am. She likes to read and I like to watch late night TV from Singapore so why not go out for shopping and breakfast. We both decided to hit the Superstore since it was now open 24 hrs.

What I ENCOUNTERED was a Christmas miracle - no one in the super store. No groups of ravinous crazy people and we could both shop in uncrowded silence. Free samples to fill myself up were only a bonus

We had gone to the Superstore to try out the four new projects that were recently chooses after the 'Riches to Recipes' cooking propram that was only showed in Canada.

The four winners found their recipes featured in the Real Canadian Superstore. I love these kind of 'Rags to Riches' stories. Good for them that the products are flying off the shelves if the near empty store cooler I saw last night was any indication






We tried the Bannock topped meat pie. I was as diappointment. The spices weren't there and while the bannock topping did what bannock should do - soak up the spices and gravy - There was, unfortunately too little gray to soak all thes healthy element into. - there were not enough of a tasty spice to make this one into a total winner for me.

(I have known native women who make some of the best meat stews and banock so I am no doubt biased.)

5/10

7 comments:

Wings1295 said...

WTF?

Tempo said...

No one in the store? I guess that disappointed you no end after getting all tooled up with your new Tazar and Pepper Spray and all...

DrGoat said...

We went shopping today too. The crowds were tolerable but the traffic was miserable. There's a lot of snowbirds in Tucson for the winter and they drive like shit. (snowbirds are people who move here for the winter 'cause winters here are pretty nice)

M. D. Jackson said...

That's what I'm doing tomorrow. I only have two items on my list -- one is a big jug of eggnog and the other I have to go to the liquor store to pick up.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You missed this food series, Wings?

I filled my pockets witha few things. It was only right and propper for keeping me unsurpervivesed.. Sure, Dr G, blaim all us snowboards. Who choose you gorgeous part of the world to back in.

Whst do you mix your eggnogg with MD.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So how were the special winning recipes? I didn't watch the series but heard all about it on a foodie blog I follow.

M. D. Jackson said...

Sailor Jerry's spiced navy rum.

Yum!