Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Saw Doctor Tomato Today


Well today is the year anniversary of my getting my diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. The disease runs in my family so I knew it would get me eventually. At my first test I had a blood sugar level of 14 after a 16 hr fast. NOT GOOD. Normal blood sugar is around a 7 after a meal. I clearly needed help.

With medication, a total ban on soda, dragging out my sweets and carbohydrates like chips and I have lowered that to 4.5. according to my most recent test result from last week.

I have lost 36 pounds and now sit at 299 lbs. I am a big fat cuddly polar bear.

Clearly my Doc was very happy with me. I don't think many people he sees actually get better but get worse. I could tell he wanted to hug me several times but held back.

Doctor 'I hate tomatoes' asked me if I would be interested in looking into LAP BAND surgery since our town has a superior team and program for such an operation to be performed. They just need excellent candidates for these early rounds of surgeries and I seem to meet 9/10 categories to be accepted.

I think they just want molest me and drain all my tiger blood while I am under the gas.

I have to do a lot of research first and talk to the 'team of professionals' I will have working with me. As I think of it now I might just take a chance with the next rounds of surgeries that start in April.

I have no ideas if this is going to be a good or a bad thing for me to do so after more research I will be able to redefine my thoughts and opinions.

Who knows. A year from now I might just be good looking enough to find someone to love me. Minor surgery is worth having if I can get close to some affection.

I would love a girlfriend and have all the stresses that come with that. If I don't make that happen after a year I might just flip the switch and go gay because then, if anything, my wardrobe will DOUBLE if he is my size.

But my REAL dream is for me to have the life of my girl Kyna. Her husband is an old one lunged guy who scooped up an excellent, funny, sweet, beautiful and sarcastic redheaded cutie who is also a local girl = born and bred in my backyard.. I don't think I can settle for anything less that someone without so much LIFE to them.

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats on making the lifestyle changes needed to control your diabetes. You rock!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I would rock more if you knew a girl who is a sister or cousin or co=workier who would find me interesting. Promise I would rock her word.

Anonymous said...

It's been a year already? Wow. Congratulations on bringing it under control.

Can definitely vouch for sweet , sarcastic redheaded cuties...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

They are definately my kryptonite

M. D. Jackson said...

Cal, forget the lap band. Go out and get a lap dance instead.

In fact, just go out. Forget the lap dance (you can't get a date in a strip club anyway, not unless you're a billionaire in your 80's).

Find out where the eligible women are and go there. Go there and be fabulous. You might be surprised at what could happen.

Belle said...

Congratulations on taking control of your diabetes. You did an amazing job, Kal. If you are still slowly losing weight, I don't know if you would need surgery. But if you aren't, I guess that might be a good option.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I just feel like such a failure to have come to the point where I am a texbook candidate for radical fat surgery.

GAH

Do you realize how different my life would have been if I had had only ONE girlfriend??

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Don't be so wishy washy Belle..tell me what you really think.

Wings1295 said...

Congrats on getting the Diabetes under control. That is awesome! As for the lap band, that is really going to come down to your choice. Do it for you and for your future!

csmith2884 said...

We need to talk..send me a good email your yahoo one is dead. I am having bariatric surgery in Jan.

Sarah said...

Is this like gastro-bypass surgery? I wouldn't think you'd be a good candidate for that. A girl friend of mine in high school had one done and it was pretty drastic...she lost over 150 lbs in the course of a year. It was pretty painful for her too, I used to have to hold her hair after lunch when she'd yak the food back up that wouldn't fit in her new, smaller stomach.

I'm happy that you've done so well in your quest against diabetes! I don't think I would have had the willpower it takes to commit to being that healthy.

Please do think about the surgery & research before commiting to anything--If there's one thing I've had lots of experience with this past year, it's watching someone recover from extensive surgery!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thanks gang. I woke up with enough serious second thought to go for a long walk in the snow.

kheighton at that hot mail site cs

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Well done home slice.