Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Is 'Hunger Games' The Next Great Movie Franchise?


I have been throwing myself into everything 'Hunger Games' related this month when I saw this little graphic. I hope to see this series hit the big time with all kinds of action figure and other merchandise.

If the stupid 'Twilight' series can make all that money then the far superior 'Hunger Games' deserves to match or exceed that success. Katniss is a far more admirable female character than Bella on her best day.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So i didn't know anything about Hunger Games so i did some quick and brief reading on it and it almost sounds like Battle Royal if you know that book/movie so it should be pretty good.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I read a chapter a day of the first book in the series and it's pretty great. The point of view is interesting and the story is compelling. Katniss is a terrific character and the author doesn't shy away from the more unpleasant nature of the situation Katniss is in. I am really stoked about the movie. It all feels so anti-'Twillight' and for me that only makes it twice as good.

Unknown said...

I like that..."Anti-Twilight". : )