Wednesday, December 21, 2011

More Classic Toy Ads - Marx



Marx Toys made some of the greatest action figures ever. I have many of these figures but they are replicas that came out a few years ago. Check out the insane amount of accessories and weapons that you got with the Cowboy, Knight and Viking figures. Nothing was left out - not even a lid for the fire coffee pot. These were sturdy toys who could take a lot of punishment and were often historically accurate. I used my Knight figures to teach about arms and armor of the Middle Ages.




http://popculturesafari.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

DrGoat said...

I'm pretty sure I had Fort Apache way back when. It got mixed in with the Civil War set later on, which in turn got mixed in with the Medieval Knights set.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Mine all got mixed together too. It was ONE big Jungle out there.

M. D. Jackson said...

Dear God, I remember those! I had the knight. There were so many pieces that they started going missing as soon as we opened the box!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I should bring up my General Custer figure and take some pics of all the stuff that comes with him.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Okay now you are scaring me.