Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Christmas Ennui - It's A Miracle For The Holidays


BOSTON -- A carpenter who was working at a construction site in Nantucket accidentally shot himself in the neck with a nail gun.

Patrick Matheson was working on Hickey Lane earlier this month when she shot himself with a 3 1/2-inch nail, according to the Nantucket Inquirer.

The nail entered the top of Matheson's chest and pierced his trachea and esophagus.

Surgeons said had the nail entered his chest just a millimeter to the right, he would have likely bled to death and if the nail was an inch longer, it would have pierced his spinal cord, the newspaper reported.


I was helping a friend put up his fence with a nail gun once and his daughter was giving me grief about the spacing of the boards (she was five I think). In frustration, I almost put a nail through my hand but the gun misfired. My hand would have been nailed to the fence if the gun had worked. I heard the sound and saw the plunger depress but was spared the damage.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/30013381/detail.html

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, he owes his guardian angel one!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's a scam to get worker's comp. He just had enough of the wood. Always with the wood.

Belle said...

There was a guy in Kelowna who's son shot him in the head with a nail gun. He was fine too.