Thursday, December 8, 2011

Quisp



I was insane for toys that came out of the cereal box as a kid. The type of toy offered often was the only reason I picked a particular brand. I never saw Quisp or knew about it until the Internet. I am glad for that because 10 year old Calvin's head would have exploded waiting for his smoke gun to arrive in the mail.



The Quisp toys are highly collectible these days because finding one in it's original packaging is very rare. Finding a toy in working order is also not easy to do.

QUISP was known for two things back in the day - great prizes but crappy cereal. If you have any memories of this cereal please share them with me in the comment section.


7 comments:

Daph said...

What a deal!! I had to eat tons of gross candy to collect wrappers for a BUN gun...it was worth it though:)

Bubbashelby said...

Quisp is on the road to Lompoc?!?!?! Hilarious.

(I grew up near Lompoc. An odd choice indeed.)

Paula King said...

I loved Quisp then. Still buy a box when I see it. Makes me think of Cap'n Crunch

The Flying Dachshund said...

Quisp came back around '99 with the help of John K./Spumco's ad on the internet... It was mainly sold online for a while at quisp.com, but was in some select stores for a while... It's like Cap'n Crunch, but without running the risk of cutting your mouth... ;^)

Belle said...

Never had Quisp, but when I was a kid we loved getting little frogmen in the boxes. You put baking soda in one of their flippers and it would swim around the bathtub. You can't beat that for excitement!

MichaelRbn said...

I loved Quake as a kid, hated Quisp.

SpyGuy said...

I think I had all the Quisp toys (except for the ones you sent off for) and a lot of the Quake ones, also. I particularly remember the ring gun that fired tiny pellets. Quisp had to have been one of the most sugary cereals of all time, though. If you left it in the milk long enough it would dissolve almost completely.

Ken