Monday, December 5, 2011

She Was A Good Cat


This weekend my buddy and Dr Goat lost his best girl, Mary. He has been with me from almost the beginning of this blog and I like to think he and I are good friends. My heart aches for his loss. A bad reaction to a vet shot is what prematurely sent his much beloved Mary to the Rainbow Bridge.

I know how devastated Peter must be. These creatures that inhabit our lives and our souls are not pets. Even calling them 'companions' seems inadequate. So while I grieve with my friend I say what is all you really can say at the end - "She was a GOOD cat."

7 comments:

Pearl said...

She looks like a good cat. I know she will be missed. My condolences to Dr. Goat.

Pearl

Belle said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. What a beautiful cat.

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear this Dr. Goat. I had a cat of mine react badly to a vet shot and I know how heart-wrenching it can be to lose a beloved pet that way.

csmith2884 said...

Sorry for his loss. Losing a fur kid always sucks. My friend says they don't get to live as long as us, so we get to have more than one best friend. That helps me, some.

DrGoat said...

Thanks Belle and Sarah. And you're right CS, we do get to have more than one best friend. I've been very lucky.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm sure Dr. Goat gave her the best home and best life that any cat could ask for. My sympathies.

DrGoat said...

She was very loved and she knew it and loved us back with all she had. Thanks for the thoughts. It helps.