Thursday, December 15, 2011

Speaking Of Bearded Adventures


I was at Costco this morning and a couple of kids pointed at me at told their mother that I didn't shave this morning. I looked at them, stroked my beard and said, REALLY? But I JUST shaved. Do you see how fast is grows when you are older?"

They both laughed which really relieved their mortified mother who probably thought that I, like Brother KRAMPUS, was preparing to spirit them away in my cart for a good old fashioned Christmas beating.

Then when we were waiting for our stuff to be checked through when an old checker replaced the young checker and they whispered something about me being the kind of gift the younger one wanted under her tree. "Break me off a piece of that Toblerone" was her reply. I ignored them like I was deaf.

I should have followed the younger one into the break room but I thought she needed to first work her way UP to Big Daddy. Damn 'catch and release' program. It's only right, however, that you toss the little ones back.

What is it about me that makes perfect strangers comment? It has to be because I am clearly more magnificent that even I realized. That's the reason, right? Huh?

10 comments:

Wings1295 said...

You should have a card you can hand out with your weblinks so they can check out the Cave of Cool!

popeyemoon said...

You are getting deaf,what see said was break me off a piece of that Noble One,I was behind you. :)

popeyemoon said...

Nobler One damn meds

Punk Chopsticks said...

Lol I second Popeymoon on this one xD It's always the awesome ones which stand out xD

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You all are making me blush. Thanks for the love.

DrGoat said...

You are the next most magnificent thing right after the Magnificent Seven. On certain occasions, maybe even before the Magnificent Seven.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thank you my brother. I can't ever get enough of your validating words.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You should have told her "Yeah, baby -- let me satisfy your sweet tooth!"

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Where are you when I need something witty to say. How does that line help me NOW.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

heh heh :D you were probably the highlight of those kids afternoon! and i love when a younger woman admires me- great for the spirits!