Friday, December 9, 2011

Why Do I Think The Only Ones Getting Screwed Here Will Be The Polar Bears?


At one point over the last year, some poor Coca-Cola staffers had an idea. Let's release a special white can these holidays, they must have thought. We'll splash a family of polar bears on the side and donate cash to conservation efforts. People will love it.

Well, poor Coke. Indeed, despite its honourable efforts, the soft drink maker's white cans were a flop with customers, who griped en masse, complaining they looked too much like Diet Coke's silver cans. After a massive upheaval, shoppers got their wish, and Coke announced it will bring back its classic red cans next week, getting rid of the silver cans that were part of a holiday campaign involving a corporate donation of $3 million to the World Wildlife Fund.


Messing with their proven formula is what made me dump Coke for Pepsi years ago. But now I drink neither but the occasional Pepsi Max. In this case depriving myself is good. I get more zing out of each can I do allow myself to drink.

4 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

i buy the off-brand diet at Shopping Slaves, but i do love a Diet Coke. Used to hate it, but somehow i now prefer it ??

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I got used to the taste too. Still need lots of ice though.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I for one liked the polar bear cans.

Belle said...

I can't believe people complained about the color of a soda can.